Puke Poetry

Heart like a hand grenade, fully-automatic weapon for a mind.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

allow me to reintroduce myself

this is
the first sighting of
a new leaf
the rain making
itself the definition of
a new day
a new life
a first time breathing

with the
clouds moving as fast as they are
it's easy to see
miles down a road
named
some synonym for
"the future"

and when the sun peeks out
through sheets of relentless spring
one voice remains
absent and silent

pain pouring
and running away
from my skin
nature's baptism
makes me believe in
one foot
in front of the other
again and again
with weariness
sulking in the shadows
and a
sense of worthiness
seeping back in

i've got
lungs full of secrets
that shift into
battle cries
the moment they hit my tongue

the aches of
a looming past
will be all that remains
and the rest
i'll throw to the flames

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home