Puke Poetry

Heart like a hand grenade, fully-automatic weapon for a mind.

Friday, May 16, 2008

so we slipped between our sheets of words
and i lost you somewhere in between
i ain't pretty when i cry
cause it's what i look like on the inside
which is where i told you part of me is dead
and you nodded like you knew
and i said let me keep my secrets please
i know you won't look at me the same again
they never do
but i whispered them straight to your mouth
we shared that breath that was a knife
between my ribs
and i said i'm waiting til tomorrow
to see if you take off and run
i won't be mad because i already know
it's nothing new
you told me don't worry
"i'll be here in the morning"
but that's not quite what i meant

i breathe free next to you
and i'm sorry that might stop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home